Glenfiddich 12 Jahre Single Malt Whisky 40,0% 1,0 l
|Alcoholic strength||40% vol.|
Dispatch time: 1-2 Working Days*2
This sublime dram is the world’s best-selling single malt Scotch. The Glenfiddich 12 Year Old comes from a town called Dufftown in the Scottish Speyside region. Its smell is fresh and pleasant, with floral notes, some sweet malt, a bit citrus and a hint of honey. On the palate the dram appears smooth and sweet. Its fruity and floral flavours leave a nice crisp impression. The finish is relatively short with a slightly oily, sweet and fruity after-taste. Overall there are no rough edges or unpleasant flavours. The Glenfiddich 12 Year Old presents itself with a soft, floral, sweet character.
The Glenfiddich 12 Year Old is not just a normal whisky but is associated with a revolution in the whisky world. It was in the second half of the 20th century when the Glenfiddich Distillery started to market its first single malt Scotch. Back then this was very uncommon because mainly blended malts have been sold until then. However, Glenfiddich has apparently done good marketing as we can see by looking at the huge market for single malt whiskies today.
The Glenfiddich Distillery is gaining experience since 1886, when it was founded by William Grant. Its name is Scottish Gaelic and means “Valley of the deer”. Thus, Glenfiddich’s trademark is the deer, which can be found on each bottle and box. This Speyside distillery is not just an old and successful one but also the only single malt producing company that is still run by its owner’s family. By now Glenfiddich is part of William Grant & Sons Ltd., which is kept by the fifth generation of Grant’s descendants.
As a typical Glenfiddich whisky, this Glenfiddich 12 Year Old spent its maturing process in two different types of casks, the bourbon and the sherry casks. Especially the contact with those two kinds of wood is responsible for the delicious character of the malt.
The following medals signalise the high quality and the appetisingly flavour of this premium whisky:
- The Scotch Whisky Masters 2015 – Silver in the category Speyside Single Malts up to 12 years
- The Scotch Whisky Masters 2014 – Master in the category Speyside Single Malts up to 12 years
- International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014 – Gold in the category Scotch Single Malt - Speyside
- The Scotch Whisky Masters 2013 – Gold in the category Speyside Single Malts up to 12 years
- International Wine & Spirit Competition 2013 – Gold in the category Scotch Single Malt - Speyside
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2013 – Silver in the category Single Malt Scotch up to 12 years
|Dispatch time:||1-2 Working Days|
|Manufacturer/Importer||The Balvenie Distillery Company Dufftown, Banfshire AB55 4BB Scotland|