Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 Years 1 l
The Johnnie Walker Black Label is a Blend of premium whiskies that matured at least 12 years
Black and noble is how the Johnnie Walker Black Label presents itself. A blended whisky full of tradition, taste and craftsmanship.
For more than a century this premium blend is produced and shipped into the whole world.
On the nose it offers a full aroma of vanilla, dark fruits, a very light whiff of smoke as well as some spicy and peppery notes.
On the palate the taste is formed of a lush vanilla flavour, raisins, toffee, orange peels and fine spices. Additionally, nuances of oak wood provide a slight bitterness. The body is very smooth and oily.
Towards the finish the blend keeps up its velvety character and the flavours of malt, a little peat and some sweet fruits.
The Johnnie Walker Black Label is a creation that consists of about 40 different malt and grain whiskies from all around Scotland.
They matured for at least 12 years and were married to a premium blend of a consistently high quality. It is an expression that is meeting the expectations of whisky friends from around the world for more than a century already.
Until 1909 this dram was known as Extra Special Old Highland Whisky but then the company introduced the colour labelling.
Ever since the bottles with a red label were called Johnnie Walker Red Label and those with a black were known as Johnnie Walker Black Label.
Even though the success of Johnnie Walker blends mainly relied on its constant premium quality, it depended also on the ingenuity of its creators.
They chose for example an eye-catching packaging with a high recognition value. The square bottle was introduced around 1860 and with it the label was placed diagonal with an angle of 24 degrees. Due to the bottle shape it was possible to ship more whisky on less space.
Furthermore, the load reached its destination with fewer breakages.
- The Scotch Whisky Masters 2015 Gold in the category Blended: Premium
- Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2014 Gold in the category Liquid Gold Award
- International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014 Silver Outstanding in the category Scotch Whisky - Blended
- The Scotch Whisky Masters 2014 Silver in the category Blended: Premium
- International Wine & Spirit Competition 2013 Gold Outstanding in the category Scotch Whisky - Deluxe Blend
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2013 Double Gold in the category Blended Scotch - to 15 years