El Dorado 15 Years Old Rum 0,7 l
El Dorado Rum 15 year old is a traditional and complex blended premium Caribbean Rum from Guyana with sweet, fruity, spicy and peppery flavors
Just the right amount of vanilla, caramel and honey can be found in the palate. Fruity orange, delicate tones of wood and spices pleasantly follows. In the background a little salt and roast aromas with dark coffee is enjoyed and that makes the award-winning El Dorado Rum 15 year old truly an extravagant tasting Rum. The finish is dominated by oak, roasted almonds and dark chocolate, just connect with the right level of fruity sweetness and spice. The fabulous El Dorado Rum 15 year old is perhaps the most complex and full-bodied Rum on the market. For tasting the dark amber El Dorado Rum 15 year old is a classic and is best enjoyed on its own or if you prefer with a few ice cubes.
The intriguing El Dorado Rum 15 year old is the flagship product of the quality-conscious Demerara Distillers Limited distillery (DDL) the sole Rum producer in Guyana. The company is headquartered in the South American Guyana which borders Venezuela, Brazil, Suriname and the Atlantic among others. The name of the distillery is derived from the former name of the country, a river in the country and a type of sugar in the country: Demerara.
For the production of the remarkable El Dorado Rum 15 year old the distillery relies on various distillates based on molasses and incurred partly in very traditional firings. The distillates are fired from metal in wooden Double Wooden Pot Still, Diamond Coffey Still and Wooden Enmore Coffey. All three methods contribute significantly to the character and flavor formation of the El Dorado Rum 15 year old giving it an exclusive complexity. After the firings the individual distillates mature in American oak barrels which were formerly used for storage of Bourbon.
The age of the youngest distillates are 15 years. A maturation period of 15 years leads to an inspiring and strong character and full-bodied Rum that charms with so many flavors. The blended Rum is a top-seller and lovers of Rum in the world have honored its perfection with countless awards and is among the top 10 of the world's best-selling Rum.
- 2013, 2014 - Gold Medal Outstanding, IWSC, London
- 2012 - Silver Medal Outstanding, IWSC, London
- 2011 - Gold & Best in Class, IWS, London
- 2010, 2011 - Trophy for Rum, IWSC, London
- 2009 - Gold & Best in Class, IWSC, London
- 2009 - Best Rum in UK, Imbibe Magazine ICE Awards, London
- 2008 - Gold & Best Rum Worldwide, IWSC, London
- 2006, 2007 - Gold & Best in Class, IWSC, London
- 2005 - Silver, IWSC, London
- 2005 - Top 10 Remarkable Rums, Forbes Magazine
- 2003 - Gold, Super Premium Rum, International Rum Festival, Canada
- 2003 - Gold, IWSC, London
- 2003 - 95 points, Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- 2002 - Gold, International Rum Festival, Canada
- 2002 - Gold, IWSC, London
- 2002 - Bronze, International Spirits Challenge, London
- 2001 - Gold & Best Rum Worldwide, IWSC London
- 1999, 2000 - Gold & Best Rum Worldwide, IWSC London
- 1998 - Gold & Joint Trophy, International Spirits Challenge, London
- 1994, 1995, 1996, 2001 - Gold, Caribbean Communications Inc. Rum Festival